There is a new CEH version: CEHv9. The debut was November 1, 2015. Here are the changes:
- Trojans and Backdoors has been combined with Viruses and Worms to form one chapter
- Cloud computing has been added
- Buffer overflow is deleted
- There are 400 more slide pages
- Increase lab count from 100 to 140
There are now 2400 pages in the slides/books. As of November 1, only CEHv9 books are being sold.
For the test, there is just one for BOTH CEHv8 and CEHv9. This means that as of November 1, you may be asked Cloud Security Module questions, even if you took CEHv8. It’s not fair. but at least you know.
So far, it seems like the new test is not radically different. Stay tuned.